Responsible for the competitive and sustainable growth and profitability of Unilever business for the markets in Tanzania, Rwanda, and East Africa emerging markets (white spaces).
Develop these markets with Unilever brands through establishment and management of relevant Route to Market (RtM) distributors and implementation of Market Development strategies through these distributors.
Responsible for planning and implementation of the framework for the RtM partners
- Distribution contracts
- Develop a Route to Market strategy, in partnership with the in-country Distributor, that will maximise current and future opportunities in the markets.
- Trading Terms alignment
- Bachelors’ Degree
- 5 years’ experience in Customer and Distributor Management within the FMCG industry
- Understanding of in-store activity, pricing strategies and management of category specific profit and loss
- Functional Skills:
- Develop Route to Market Strategy
- Drive the Building of the
- Customer Business Plans
- Optimize TTS Investments
- Apply Shopper Marketing Plans
- Apply Integrated Brand Building plans
- Develop Distributor GtM Expertise
- Drive Retail Execution
- Other skills:
- Master Sales Fundamentals
- Develop Business Acumen
- Master Negotiations
- Manage Customer Relationships
- Develop Sales Infrastructure and Organization
- Manage Third Parties
- Manage and deliver on the P&L
- Category Plans and development
- Lead brilliant in-store execution through appointed distributors
- Build and develop key talent within team
- Developing Route to Market strategy and channel strategy
- TTS Management
- Input into:
- Shopper Marketing plan
- Brands/platforms managed
- Implement marketing strategy to optimise the performance of brands within categories in the agreed priority channels.
- To develop an understanding of the current and future customer, and market trends and feed them into the marketing organisation.
- Input into monthly and quarterly Category planning with respect to assortment, shelf-layout, promotional strategy and price positions.
- Support development and execution of channel specific brand standards through customer business planning.
- To work closely with the Brand protection leader for the Region to ensure an adequate anti-counterfeiting plan is in place.
- Ensure KPI’s for product availability and visibility are met.
- Key Interfaces
- Input into:
- CCBT; Finance; Supply Chain (Order to Cash); Shopper Marketing; CCD
- Unilever appointed distributors (directors, sales management, field team)
- MT and GT customers (directors and buyers)
- Illicit trade agencies