- Work with colleagues to understand the needs of our customers and staff and design user friendly, reliable applications to improve the business operations.
- Review design documents, perform code reviews, and contribute to implementation decisions.
- Take a lead in designing excellent User Experience.
- Build and maintain web applications.
- Develop unit-testing code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
- Support and collaborate with cross-functional teams (Product, Operations and Services) to ship excellent applications.
- Continually improve our codebase with clean and efficient code as well as solving problems using the most appropriate technology.
- Enhance development processes and tool chain to move towards CI/CD (continuous integration and delivery)
- 3+ years of software development experience
- Experience with PHP and SQL
- Experience working with remote data via REST and JSON
- Proficient in Agile development process
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Solid understanding of the full software development life cycle
KEY CAPABILITIES AND EDUCATION:
- Ability to work in a distributed team.
- Experience deploying solutions with AWS (Amazon Web Services)
- Basic understanding of Information Security
- Enthusiasm to continually improve skills and learn new technologies
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili
- Diploma in Information Technology or equivalent
- Professional qualifications in one or more software languages is an advantage
Method of Application
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their applications through the link below Interested and qualified? Go to to apply