This is a great opportunity for an early/mid career Epidemiologist/Pharmaco-Epidemiologist to join a team of highly skilled epidemiologists, statisticians, health economists and consultants. The successful candidate will work closely with other senior scientific staff within the company. This position will allow the successful candidate to get exposed to a variety of study designs and sources of data, including healthcare databases, primary and secondary data collection methods, as well as deepen their skills in designing and conducting observational studies, writing study protocols, providing scientific and other technical input during conception, conduct and delivery of various research projects.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
- Designs and drafts protocols for a broad range of pharmaco-epidemiological observational studies utilizing real-world databases, primary and secondary data collection methods, including but not limited to clinical databases, administrative/claims databases, disease registries, chart reviews, surveys etc.
- Conducts ad hoc literature reviews on real-world evidence, health economics and related matters.
- Summarizes and synthesizes a wide range of medical and statistical information, including disease specific and pharmaceutical product research
- Provides epidemiological input/research for CRF/eCRF development.
- Follows the scientific aspects of projects, coordinates with the operational, data management and statistical teams, liaise with other consultants assigned to the project to ensure quality delivery of the project
- Participates actively/Supports in the development and conduct of the statistical analysis of studies with statisticians and modelers as required.
- Participates in production of reports, presentations and publications.
- Critically analyzes data (presents results and provides internal data analysis, both qualitative and quantitative) and provides strategic thinking with respect to interpretation of results
- Participates in consulting in epidemiology and drug assessment.
- Participates in bid defense.
- Delivers projects independently and/or produces sub-components of projects of greater complexity, with oversight
- Interacts with clients, as required, with senior staff involvement, as needed.
- Performs necessary administrative functions and additional tasks, as required
- Support senior personnel with activities required for business development from time to time
- Participate in company-sponsored training programs as required to ensure that skills are learned, maintained and focused accordingly
Required Qualifications / Experience
- Minimum of Master’s Degree in Epidemiology, Public Health or other related field
- PhD in Epidemiology preferred
- At least 2 years relevant post-graduate work experience
- Professional proficiency in English, written and spoken
- Experience in designing/writing protocols for observational studies
- Ability to work both independently and as part of the team
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects
- This position can be office based or work-from-home in the UK (preferred), EU (preferred), Canada or USA
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to to apply